Cables and wires may not be at the top of your list when it comes to the technology your business utilizes, but they are fundamental in ensuring the connectivity of all your IT.
Here at GRIP I.T. we take pride in our cabling installations. Efficiency and organization are the hallmarks of our installers. Whether our technicians are handling cabling replacement or cable installation we follow strict guidelines that ensure the industry’s highest standards are met.
GRIP I.T.’s goal is to have the cables throughout your business perfectly organized regardless of whether it is in full sight at a workstation or hidden back in the server room. This orderliness allows for easy maintenance and further expansion to be performed quickly and without confusion.
- Determine current cabling needs: Prior to any technology implementation, rollout, or upgrade, identify what network cabling infrastructure you need to make it successful and get up and running quickly. This assessment includes understanding the number of endpoints and devices that require connectivity, as well as whether you need broadband services. Your staff require a highly available cabling infrastructure in order to manage business tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Anticipate future growth: Another key feature of a structured cabling project is the ability to sustain predicted growth over the next few years. Accounting for expansion on the front end of the project makes future scalability easier to implement.
- Know your facility’s layout: Your facility’s physical layout significantly influences your company’s network cabling needs. It’s critical to identify the type of cables used, to ensure they can withstand elements like dust, dirt, and heat. Protecting cables with the correct materials is also important and requires knowledge of cabling technology. A comprehensive understanding of your facility alleviates implementation challenges.
- Prepare for the unexpected: The way companies do business is constantly changing, especially during unpredictable economic times. Businesses are searching for ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs, which leads to shifts in business processes. A business process change often requires an enhancement to technology. Your cabling infrastructure needs to be able to handle any new changes in processes. For example, business travel may be reduced, putting more emphasis on video conferencing. Network cabling that already supports video conferencing without additional bandwidth allows resources to help with training and functionality.
- Understand your business processes: Company processes are fundamental to your success. If you house a call center in your facility, for example, you’ll need to focus on voice and data cabling, so employees and customers experience limited downtime. Or if you are implementing HSIA (high speed internet access) for guests and staff, which often required fiber optic cabling, an idea of how and when it will be used will help in the design of the structured cabling system.
Plan for expansion. Build with Stability.
Installed with experience.
LET US PLAN YOUR
STRUCTURED CABLING PROJECT
IN THE GREATER TORONTO AREA