Specialists to provide first / second level support in a 24 x 7 environment.
You may already be “the guy” that everyone comes to when their computer or printer isn’t working, but are you also the one that everyone knows is trustworthy and dependable? If you already have real-world experience at a help desk or senior level technician roles, but you’re ready to learn and develop your skills and delve into the world of servers and virtualization, this might be the job for you. Even if your degree isn’t necessarily in I.T. or computer science, but you have the personal drive, high moral convictions, and can think on your feet, you may be who we are looking for!
- Our SSAE16 certified data centre provides opportunities for you to learn about virtual services as well as physical devices
- We strive to provide Secure, Stable and Scalable solutions for each of our clients along with top-notch help desk support
- Along with a competitive salary, we offer a group benefits plan after probation, an annual training/certification allowance, and flexible shifts
- Our environment is like a close-knit “family” where team members look out for each other and celebrate life’s milestones
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take high call volumes and multi-tasks with maintenance and updates
- Monitor and support internal systems, create service tickets, follow ITIL procedures/ protocols
- Provide first/ second level telephone support for end-users. OS, applications, (windows support, application troubleshooting, Web Hosting inquiries, conference bridge setups, etc.)
- Process system access requests, password resets and conference bridge setups
- Diagnose, resolve or escalate issues and problems
- Assist system administrations in maintenance and Business Process owners in production related issues
- Report on system and application issues and metrics as deemed appropriate
- Must be dependable with a great work ethic, demonstrate initiative, ownership of issues, and exceptional attitude. Highly flexible, adaptable, and able to deal with uncertainty in an extremely high-paced environment
- Write, review and update Wiki and various documentations using company tools and procedures
- Remote support and on-call duties as assigned
Qualifications/ Technical Skills:
- 2-3 years of IT support center experience or performing technical support
- Understanding of Windows OS, Linux, Password Resets, troubleshooting software, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive customer service, customer support and technical troubleshooting required
- Internet, networking and system configuration troubleshooting knowledge
- Windows Servers, AD, DNS, DHCP
- Firewall/ VPN setup and operation
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with of Microsoft Windows Server system and basic OS functionality and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking required. Troubleshooting knowledge of domains and email issues desired
- Knowledge of HTML and Web page components desired
- Knowledge of Domain and DNS issues required
- Assist with GRIP I.T. Internal IT Projects as needed
- Assist with GRIP I.T. Internet/ Datacenter projects as needed
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Experience with Hosting Control panel (Cpanel, Parallels)
- A+, CCNA, MCP, VCP, PMP certified candidates
- Working experience in a NOC/ Datacenter environment
- Experience Analyzing Monitoring systems - RMM/ PSA such as (Kaseya/ LabTech/ ConnectWise)
- Experience and knowledge with various Client Operating systems such as Windows 7/8/10.
- Familiarity with scripting language is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux based server system, basic OS functionality and comfortable with Unix/Linux CLI
- Experience with enterprise monitoring background (NOC), application monitoring and/or skills closer to a TIER2 support level
- Application monitoring experience is a plus for the candidate, but not a deal breaker.
Why Should You Apply?
- You’re passionate about technology and the team you work with!
- You believe that proactively maintaining technology is the best way for a client to run their business.
- You don’t like to be just a “number” in a room full of cubicles. You like a small, dedicated team that shares a common goal and works together to “win”.
- Shifts that add flexibility to your life-schedule. And 1:1 “paid time off” if you need to work longer hours than normal.
- You want to learn a robust list of technologies, software and services. We help support your training time and certifications with on-the-job training, a training/certification allowance, and lots of opportunities to increase and grow your skills.
GRIP I.T. is a growing I.T. Solutions Provider and Managed Services company that owns and operates a fully certified Tier 3, SSAE 16 Data Centre. Based in Richmond Hill, we offer our team members flexible hours, personal growth and career development. Our organization is expanding to provide 24/7 coverage and are looking for night owls and morning people alike!
Our clients appreciate the high security standards and personal care we give both our clients and team members. We hold all our team members to high standards because we believe personal integrity and character are more important than making a “buck”. We always strive to go above and beyond! Hence, we’re looking for the right team members to assist us on help desk and provide on-site technical services.
A Few Benefits...
Prescription Drugs Coverage
Dental & Vision
Ongoing Training & Development
Physical & Mental Therapy
Holiday Bonus Time Off
A Few Other Requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- You should have 2-3 years of technical support experience, ideally in a 24x7 environment, and it would be great if you have previous experience in a Network Operations Center.
- At least 3 years of experience in an IT support role
- Microsoft MTA or MCSA certifications or equivalent experience
- Apple ACSP (Preferred)
- Cisco (Preferred)
- Valid drivers license
- Relevant BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Bachelors/Associate Degree in an IT related field