Welcome to the most feature-rich VoIP Service
Regular landline telephones and mobile phones are expensive options in a business setting. These costly telecommunication choices also come with limitations. VoIP services offer greater functionality while keeping your budget in check.
GRIP I.T.’s VoIP services can make your business communication effortless and quick, from almost any location. Contact us to learn more about our VoIP plans and how much you can save on your monthly phone bill. You can save even more by gaining efficiencies in workflow, productivity and making life ‘simply efficient…’
GRIP I.T. VoIP services feature multiple employee extensions, automated attendants, integrated email and voice messages assist, plus many, many more add-ons and features for no extra charge.
Please review the revised VoIP Policy as per CRTC!
VoIP + 911 Service Notice. A mindful reminder.
Dear GRIP I.T. customer,
GRIP I.T. VoIP 9-1-1 Service is available whether you are using your VoIP service at home or away at another location in Canada. However, important service differences do exist between GRIP I.T. VoIP 9-1-1 Service and traditional telephone service. These differences are discussed below.
When using the GRIP I.T. VoIP 9-1-1 Service you must follow the simple procedures discussed below:
- When you call 9-1-1 using GRIP I.T. VoIP Service, your call will automatically be routed to a 9-1-1 Operator, who will ask you for the Province and city you are calling from. Be prepared to provide your location and call-back phone number;
- When the 9-1-1 Operator has the above information, we will then transfer your call to the 9-1-1 Operator in your locality, who will request your local address information, e.g. street, apartment number, and who will then handle dispatching of emergency services to you;
- Do NOT hang up until you are told to do so, and call the 9-1-1 Operator back immediately if you get disconnected. Most importantly, be prepared to provide your location and call-back phone number to the 9-1-1 Operator, since the 9-1-1 Operator may not have this information, or may assume you are at the last address you registered on file.
E911 vs. Basic 911 Service: When placing a call to emergency services with E911 or Enhanced 911, your telephone number and location are automatically transmitted to the operator during the call. These two features (telephone number and location) are what make E911 “enhanced.”
With Basic 911 (B911), your telephone number and location are not automatically transmitted to the operator trained to route your call to local emergency medical, fire, and law enforcement agencies. The attendant at the answering location verbally obtains the pertinent information that identifies the caller's need and physical location. The attendant then determines the appropriate agency and transfers the caller to that agency. GRIP I.T. provides a basic 911 type service.
- 9-1-1 service is provided subject to availability, as some communities in Canada do not offer 9-1-1 services. In this case, call the required local emergency service directly, for example, the fire department.
- GRIP I.T. VoIP 9-1-1 Service will not be available during a power or network broadband Internet outage. Network congestion may affect your ability to dial, stay connected or clearly communicate with the GRIP I.T. VoIP 9-1-1 Operator.
WARNING: In the event of power failure or broadband outage, you will need to access a traditional phone to make an emergency call.
- You are responsible for keeping your address information for GRIP I.T. VoIP 9-1-1 service up to date, by calling GRIP I.T. customer service (416-907-8181). Address changes are effective only after you have submitted your signed copy of the 911 application form included with your VoIP service application form. At this time 9-1-1 address information is only useable for automatic location identification by the 9-1-1 Operator. This address change process takes up to 2 business days.
- Ensure that you and all other potential users of the GRIP I.T. VoIP service are aware of these 9-1-1 service operating differences.
- If the Client does not understand or does not agree with the limitation of VoIP 9-1-1 services, then Client should consider alternative arrangements to provide access to traditional 9-1-1 or E 9-1-1 services. 9-1-1 services are mandatory on local voice services. GRIP I.T.’s 9-1-1 service will be provisioned on all applicable Services. Any alternate arrangement will be in addition to GRIP I.T.’s applicable Service.
- The Client understands that it is their obligation to ensure that all Users are aware of the limitations of VoIP 9-1-1 services. The Client understands the limitation of VoIP 9-1-1 services and assumes all liability and responsibility for the provision of emergency services and agrees unless told to by the 9-1-1 call centre agent. If a caller is disconnected they should redial 9-1-1.
- Neither GRIP I.T. nor its directors, officers or employees and agents may be held responsible for (i) direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, lost profits) or (ii) any damages whatsoever resulting from the loss of use, data, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement and GRIP I.T. term of service. (iii) harmless for any injury, death or damage whether direct or indirect that may result from : (1) the VoIP 9-1-1 service provided by GRIP I.T. (including but not limited to situations of unavailability of 9-1-1 as described in these terms and conditions and incomplete or incorrect address information provided by the Client); (2) Client’s failure to obtain access to conventional 9-1-1 service as part of a telephone line subscription from another telephone company under separate agreement; or (3) Client’s failure or delay in utilizing conventional 9-1-1 service.
- The Canadian Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) and your GRIP I.T. service Agreement require the enclosed decals be affixed to telephones connected to any VoIP service. Please affix the decals in a prominent location on each phone. Ensure that they remain legible, and immediately replace worn or displaced decals by calling GRIP I.T. customer services.
If you have any further questions about your VoIP 9-1-1 Service, or if you require additional decals at no charge, please contact GRIP I.T. customer services by dialing 416-907-8181 or 1-866-749-5599 from any phone.
The GRIP I.T. Team
The Canadian Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) and your GRIP I.T. service Agreement require the enclosed decals be affixed to telephones connected to any VoIP service. Please affix the decals in a prominent location on each phone. Ensure that they remain legible, and immediately replace worn or displaced decals by calling GRIP I.T. customer services.
Please let us know how many 911 stickers you need.